Northwest Mahler Festival 2016
The Northwest Mahler Festival is seeking choral sopranos and altos to join its Chorus for the 2016 Festival. This event will commemorate the Festival’s twentieth anniversary by presenting Mahler’s Third Symphony, conducted by Geoffrey Simon. We hope you can join us!
- Saturday, July 9: Rehearsal, 3:00–5:30 (with orchestra at 4:30)
- Thursday, July 14: Rehearsal, 7:00–9:00 (with orchestra at 7:45)
- Saturday, July 16: Dress Rehearsal, 3:30–5:30, (with orchestra at 4:30)
- Sunday, July 17: 1:45 call, 3:00 concert, done by 6:00
All rehearsals and the concert are at First Free Methodist Church, 3200 3rd Ave W, Seattle WA 98119.
Selective absences may be allowed, per the chorusmaster’s approval.
- Mahler: Symphony No. 3
- This symphony is in six movements. The chorus sings in the brief fifth movement only.
- Scores will be made available before rehearsals. These scores will already have the conductor’s markings. Singers are expected to learn the music to the best of their ability before the first rehearsal.
- Sound files will also be made available to help singers prepare the German.
- All sopranos and altos are welcome. There is no audition.
- There are no tenors or basses in this symphony.
- The chorus will be prepared by Dr. Gary D. Cannon.
- Feel free to forward this information to other singers.
How to Register
- You may register here: http://www.nwmahlerfestival.org/musician-registration/
- In you have any questions, feel free to write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for considering this! It’s bound to be a fantastic performance.